From Brokenness to Community by Jean Vanier:
"It is people who are weak, rejected, marginalized, counted as useless, who can become a source of life and of salvation for us as individuals as well as for our world" (10).
Wow! That is so true. I learn so much from those I just take an extra 30 seconds to get to know. I mean it may just be a quick "Hey, how are you?" that brightens their day. I believe that's what Christianity's Jesus demonstrated. Jesus was so much more into detail than Christians are today. In today's world, we can become very "me" focused and very busy with stuff.
In the biblical story of the widow's two mites, Jesus took the time to notice the little things. I probably would have become impatient standing in line, dropped my tithe off, called a friend to let them know I was running late, and sped off to the next appointment in my day. Jesus intentionally sat and watched. I think we need to practice this more: sitting, watching, and interacting with those who the world might not see as valuable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment