Friday, May 8, 2009

patience

Sometimes, well a majority of the time, I wonder: how come God is so patient with me? I mean, really, I have the attention span as long as my Shih Tzu sometimes. I get distracted by so many things, some good and some not so healthy. A good analogy would be cross country running. I don't do cross country because I'd get distracted along the way.

Oh look! A pretty flower!

Oh look! A squirrel!

Oh look! A wooded area!

I want to become more like Paul. In Romans he writes, "I am forgetting what is behind and straining toward the goal." I think it's Romans, someone correct me if I'm wrong.... I want to be that focused and most times, I am and can be. Other times, and I want these to become less, I am a wandering tumbleweed. Father, give me direction. Show me what focus looks like and cause me to model after it.

No comments: