Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Soulforce Equality Ride

As I have followed the Equality Ride, I wonder if Christians would ever be so passionate about Christ (not doctrine, religion, or any of the controversial issues of our society) as to take two months of their lives and ride around in a bus visiting cities and universities in our nation where people were blatantly against them and their beliefs? Would Christians stand in prayer vigil as people spewed hatred their way? Would Christians risk being arrested for the cause of Christ? Would Christians be willing to dialog without the stereotypical "shoving the gospel down your throat" method?........I don't mean to be cynical but I highly doubt it. Christians seem to think we live in a Christian nation but we do not (Gay Marriage and Christians). Christians may even be in the minority (*gasp*). But I am getting away from my point, so with this, I shall blog another day.

1 comment:

Mikkele Suzanne said...

i think i agree with you on this, however, i felt like the goal of soulforce was more to stir up controversy more than anything